Ground Bounce

Ultra Fatality

Question

Now we all know of KFM's wall bounce move but how do we make a player bounce of the ground to continue a combo i heard it wasn't to hard but i never ended up learning the code and now im stuck i needs it so if someone could please help me.......................

That'd be Great !!!

4 answers to this question

there are some codes in the def file i think its called "down.bounce" or something that bounces them back up.

but sometimes it doesnt let you hit them.

so the long way is a custom state, the easy way is to tweak the hitdef to make it bounce them off the ground.

ok and how is that done

there are some codes in the def file i think its called "down.bounce" or something that bounces them back up.

but sometimes it doesnt let you hit them.

so the long way is a custom state

I once used some custom get-hit state for that:

[statedef -2]

[state -2]

type = TargetState

trigger1 = NumTarget = 1                                 ;P2 is being hit

trigger1 = Target, Alive && Target, Vel y = 0    ;P2 is still alive and its vertical velocity is 0

trigger1 = Target, StateNo = 5100                   ;P2 is in the default "Downed get-hit (hit ground from fall)" get-hit state

value = 51000                                                 ;the custom get-hit state you want to send P2 to

ctrl = 0                                                             ;this one is optional

ignorehitpause = 1                                          ;this is an important flag, to ensure the TargetState state controller is free from any

;hit pause times

---------------------------------

You may want to add more triggers to fine-tune this TargetState state controller.

[statedef 5100] is the "Downed get-hit (hit ground from fall)" get-hit state, from the data/common1.cns or your own one.

[statedef 51000] is the custom "Downed get-hit (hit ground from fall)" get-hit state that your TargetState state controller is going to send P2 to.

You may copy and edit similar states from the data/common1.cns or your own one.

One thing must not be forgotten, the ChangeAnim2 state controller has to be used to any animations you put P2 in your custom states.

Also, the SelfState state controller can be used as some insurance, to make sure when things go out of control when P2 is put in such custom states.